As a multimarket firm, we touch many areas of life: from designing highways and bridges that connect people, to clean water systems, to hospitals and corporate campuses of the future. That’s why we’re able to offer endless opportunities for people to hone their skills and strengthen their understanding of different disciplines and perspectives. Administrative Support is central to the success of the firm and behind all the hard work is a team of really sharp, down-to-earth people who love a good challenge – and a good time.
Gresham Smith is looking for an Administrative Assistant to provide dual support in Nashville for our Building Engineering Market and our Quality Pillar.
Building Engineering Responsibilities:
- Primary support for office staff, department managers, and business development leaders as needed with project-specific and general duties including phones, entering visitors in security portal, meeting support, etc.
- Support Lobby Reception on a rotation basis with other administrative assistance for lunch or meeting coverage. Escort visitors/clients as needed to conference rooms.
- Type letters, memos, reports, narratives, and proposals from handwritten notes or other sources, as well as format per Gresham Smith standard; edit and proofread materials such as letters, technical documents and forms, contracts, reports, and meeting notes.
- Produce or maintain project tracking information such as insurance certificates, contracts, and other misc. project data. Support Invoice Logs, monthly client invoices (sending to clients via email/Newforma). Request W9s from clients as needed.
- Support new hires via ordering business cards, nameplate, help with initial computer equipment sign in, etc.
- Order office supplies and maintain cleanliness in office, conference rooms, and HUB areas.
- Process and distribute all outgoing and incoming mail and packages through USPS, UPS, FedEx, courier and overnight services. Sort and deliver mail, some scan/email may be required.
- Schedule and coordinator appointments, calls, travel, training classes and site visits including ordering food, set up, and clean up as required.
- Process weekly expense reports for staff.
- Prepare check requests as needed, including society memberships, licensure renewals, and miscellaneous invoices.
- Support project specifications preparation, as needed.
- Maintain shared equipment check in/out calendar (travel projector, laser pointers, presentation remotes, etc.)
- Support for market and firmwide events, as needed.
Quality Pillar Responsibilities:
- Update Master Specification Word documents when directed.
- Create client-specific master specs for firmwide use.
- Support Quality Team with project audit reviews and excel spreadsheet statistics/data input, including graphs.