Asst. Medical Director
At Music City Physicians' Group, we are passionate about changing the face of healthcare in Nashville by making biomedical interventions and services for sexual health and wellness accessible. We serve our patients with an amazing team of clinicians, staff and volunteers who dedicate their time and expertise to see patients within a combination of weekday and weekend hours. We removed the primary barriers to healthcare, lack of health insurance and/or personal income, by accepting both insured and uninsured patients and by providing services at no cost to the patient. Read more about the clinic, initiatives and MCPC here: http://www.MusicCityPrep.org.
MCPG is seeking a skilled physician, with an interest and desire to support the LGBTQ community, to join our healthcare team at our East Nashville Clinic. This candidate will function as the Assistant Medical Director, and will be the lead Primary Care Physician for our newly renovated practice location on Fatherland Avenue in East Nashville. The Primary Care Clinic, “Chosen Family Medicine”, will be primarily devoted to the LGBTQ community. It will open in 2022, and is a 12 exam room practice, staffed by this physician, a few part time physicians, and both NPs and PAs. The MD/DO will be an administrative and practicing physician, licensed by the State of Tennessee, who is responsible for the clinical provision of care and the quality of care provided by the health care team at Chosen Family Medicine (seeing patients 14 years old and above), along with the Medical Director, to whom the Assistant Medical Director will report. This role will assist the Medical Director to help lead the clinical supervision of the providers and support the CMO and Executive Director (ED) in long-range strategic planning.
The Assistant Medical Director will provide leadership, mentorship, and direction in all aspects of the practice of medicine for MCPC providers at Chosen Family Medicine. The MD/DO will demonstrate organizational teamwork and foster optimal patient satisfaction and outcomes.
Duties and responsibilities
- Maintain high standard of medical practice and participate in the continuous training and development of the healthcare team
- Assist in health promotion and disease prevention education of both the patients and staff
- Document each on-site/in-office procedure, prescription, consultation and patient contact in the EMR (patient’s chart) and on any necessary clinical forms, within a 24-hour period
- Provide direction and leadership to the clinical healthcare team, with regard to the administering of a patient’s care
- Provide supervision in case assignment to advanced practice providers (APPs), including sign off and review of APPs documentation
- Review and sign off on at least 20% of patient charts per month of the patients seen at Chosen Family Medicine.
- Serve as the designated Supervising Physician with the State of TN and other states as appropriate for MCPC care for all APP’s, primarily those seeing patients at Chosen Family Medicine.
- Provide medical leadership, collaboration, mentoring for those MCPC providers, and all aspects of needed and designated duties in assisting the Medical Director.
- Organize and run weekly Provider Meeting and Update via virtual or in person attendance, as pertinent to the practice at Chosen Family Medicine.
- In the absence of the Medical Director, attends the bi-weekly Direct Reports meeting of the Executive Director in order to provide updates on assigned administrative tasks and collaborate with other staff members as directed.
- Oversee and provide clinical guidance for the medical supplies and testing needs of the providers in conjunction with the administrative staff.
- Participate in internal review and counseling regarding patient complaints, or any compliance concerns involving the MCPC providers that are under the Assistant Medical Director’s supervision.
- Participate in the hiring, training, corrective action, and other HR related duties for providers who report to this position
- Perform other job related duties, as may be assigned, by the Medical Director, Chief Medical Officer, or other executive staff.
- Graduate from an accredited School of Medicine and Residency Program
- Current, valid license to practice medicine in the State of Tennessee, including DEA license, CPR, and other credentials as required
- Previous experience providing services and exercising leadership in a culturally and linguistically diverse setting, with demonstrated success
- Board Certification in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine with MOC, with appropriate experience in healthcare dealing with the HIV continuum, HIV prevention, STIs, and general Primary Care.
- Strong clinical background
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to set and achieve goals
- Organizational, planning and process improvement skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Interpersonal skills including coaching and mentoring
- Familiarity with Electronic Health Records, preferred, (will train), computer proficiency in word processing, excel, Google Sheets, or other computer programs desired
- Ability to successfully adapt to rapid change and growth within the organization
- Successful track record in primary care in a team based, patient centered practice environment
- Ideal candidate will have experience as a Medical Director in a Community Health Center or have served as a Primary Care Physician in the public health field; however, a recent Internal Medicine or Family Medicine Residency graduate would be eligible.
- HIV Certification preferred as an HIV Specialist by AAHIVM; this will be required to be in place no later than 6 to 12 months after beginning this role with MCPC and conduct any necessary training(s) to maintain such certification.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are interested and qualified, apply here: Asst. Medical Director