Our Mission: We create, perform, teach and promote dance as an essential and inspiring element of our community.
Job Description for Company Manager
Reports To: Associate Artistic Director
Area of Responsibility: Artistic, Production
Wage Classification: Exempt
Position Summary: The company manager’s acts as the administrative support for the organization in its mission to create, perform, teach, and promote dance as essential and inspiring part of our community. This is achieved through logistical management, scheduling, and human resource support for the company and when appropriate, second company, artists.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Respond to inquiries, process, and oversee unemployment for company artists in conjunction with human resources and finance departments
- Ensure legal obligations are met regarding intellectual property (i.e. choreography, music rights).
- Create, execute, track and report on annual Dancer and Artistic budgets.
- Coordinate and communicate with all musical guests, including the Nashville Symphony Orchestra, to ensure each performance, company class, and rehearsal, has all required accompaniment
- Proofing/copy editing programs and other materials as requested by administration
- Serve as Nashville Ballet’s Covid compliance officer.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are a non-exhaustive list of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to handle, feel, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms above the shoulder. The employee is frequently required to sit and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative to those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
Work Requirements and Qualifications
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
2. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Ability to provide leadership and to manage employees
Ability to make decisions and solve problems
Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
Word processing / spread sheet skills
Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
3. Experience: 5 years of professional arts administration, or equivalent in a similar field with like experience
4. Equipment: basic use of computers (word/excel)
5. Some travel may be required.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate description of the current job, or to require that other, or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological developments).
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Company Manager” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.