Director of Development
DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
OZ ARTS NASHVILLE
OZ Arts seeks a dynamic and strategic fundraising professional with a passion for contemporary art and performance to join the organization’s leadership team as Director of Development.
The Director of Development plans and implements comprehensive strategies to increase contributions that support the organization’s unique artistic programming and educational programs, working closely with the Executive and Artistic Director, the Co-Founder and President, and members of the Board of Directors. With an emphasis on community-building, the Director of Development plays a leadership role in fundraising efforts to increase individual giving, corporate sponsorships, foundation and government grants, and other forms of philanthropic support. The Director of Development will help orchestrate a team of staff and community volunteer Co-Chairs to successfully present two annual benefit events, as well as other cultivation and fundraising events throughout the year. As the single full-time position fully dedicated to fundraising at OZ Arts, the Director of Development will balance executive leadership functions with day-to-day management of fundraising operations.
ABOUT OZ ARTS NASHVILLE
OZ Arts is a 501c3 non-profit, contemporary arts center housed in the former CAO cigar headquarters in Nashville, Tennessee. Utilizing the flexible, newly-renovated 10,000 sq. ft. warehouse and surrounding 5 acres of manicured grounds at OZ, the organization develops and presents artworks from a variety of disciplines by diverse local, national and international artists. Since opening to the public in 2014, OZ Arts has contributed to the expanding cultural landscape of the region by offering an intimate context for performing and visual art programs that challenge and inspire a diverse range of curious audiences.
OZ Arts supports the creation, development and presentation of significant performing and visual art works by leading artists whose contribution influences the advancement of their field. Through performances, exhibitions, and community events, OZ Arts focuses on producing and presenting the work of local and visiting artists who reflect our diverse society, utilize new artistic forms and technology in creative ways, and provide opportunities for meaningful engagement with audiences, students and cultural and civic leaders.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
● Alongside Executive and Board leadership, manage a portfolio of donors at various stages of the fundraising cycle from identification through solicitation and stewardship.
● Create and manage the timeline, strategies, and requests across all of the organization’s income sources – individual, corporate, government, foundation, board, and earned income.
● With key leadership, develop comprehensive and creative strategies to achieve annual contributed revenue goals.
● Meet key donors and donor prospects, build long-term relationships, and develop regular touch points for donor cultivation, management and planning.
● Lead the planning and execution of OZ Arts’ two large-scale annual fundraising events – including procurement of vendors, sponsorships, in-kind, and other resources and assets required to ensure success; Lead the development of small-scale stewardship and solicitation events.
● Coordinate and edit donor reports and gift records for distribution to financial management and across departments.
● Support and guide members of the board in their donor and prospect engagement activities, seeking ways to maximize their personal giving and participation in philanthropic programs.
● Help to schedule meetings and prepare materials for organization leadership, including board members.
● Compose acknowledgement and appeal letters; Contribute writing to annual reports, board meeting reports, and fundraising
● Develop and participate in grant writing and other funding proposals, in partnership with other staff and contracted grant writer.
● Collaborate with the marketing and communications team to manage donor communications and platform engagement, including event invitations, email newsletters, direct mailings, renewal solicitations, sponsorship proposals, acknowledgments, and website integrations for donor payment systems.
● Maximize technology and fundraising systems to achieve development objectives.
● Maintain thorough documentation of fundraising activities, contributions, and a database of supporters.
● Manage the day-to-day operations of the development function to ensure that all administrative and operational aspects of development are executed at a high level of quality and efficiency.
Desired Qualities, Qualifications, and Skills:
● Highly organized and creative, with a passion for the arts, contemporary performance, and OZ Arts’ mission to invest in diverse artists and connect them with communities, audiences, and students.
● Knowledge of and connections within the greater Nashville philanthropic community.
● Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills, ability to inspire and motivate staff, board, and volunteers. Ability to speak and write persuasively about OZ Arts as an artistic organization and a community asset.
● Outstanding attention to detail.
● Passion for connecting with people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense and good listening ability.
● Familiar with office software, donor databases, research tools, and other fundraising technology.
● Experience and knowledge in all aspects of fundraising, including donor research, sponsorships, government and foundation grants, and planned giving.
● Strategic thinker with strong planning, organizational, interpersonal, and management skills.
● Experience with multi-channel digital marketing platforms (email, digital newsletters, websites, social media, etc.), with demonstrated understanding of best practices and key performance indicators.
● Three years of experience with non-profit fundraising.
Monday – Friday 10:00am - 6:00pm with expectation to work some nights and weekends as productions/events require.
OZ Arts will negotiate a specific full-time salary commensurate with experience and capacity. Salary range starting from $70k. PTO plan and comprehensive benefits to be discussed with candidates at time of interview.
OZ Arts Nashville is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of the employment process will be merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship or other protected characteristic.
CONTACT INFORMATION & PROCEDURE:
Candidates may send resume, cover letter, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject: Your Name, Director of Development
No phone calls, please.
OZ Arts Nashville
6172 Cockrill Bend Circle
Nashville, TN 37209