National Account Manager - Second Harvest Food Bank
We are hiring for a full-time National Account Manager to join the Sales Team of the Project Preserve Department at Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle TN.
What you’ll do:
Summary: Provides expert marketing, sales and customer service support to the assigned food banks for Project Preserve, with the goal to be the full-service provider for purchased food sourcing activity, resulting in increased sales and revenues in the assigned area. This role develops customer relationships and business over the phone and via travel to the food banks.
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives in assigned accounts.
- Establishes productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned customer accounts
- Analyzes customer purchase history and trends. Stays abreast of customer requests and needs.
- Provides analysis of each Food Bank’s specific purchase requirements, taking into consideration the most economical method for purchasing and the most efficient means of logistics and transportation.
- Visits Food Banks on a rotating basis based on tiering and volume.
When & Where: Primarily works a typical Monday - Friday schedule from 8 AM – 4:30 PM. This role has flexibility to work remotely on a normal basis, however, weekly in-person office visits are required for team meetings at our distribution center in the MetroCenter area of Nashville, TN. Travel is required throughout assigned territory, approximately 30% of time.
Is this you?
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Business Administration or Marketing majors preferred.
- Experience: 5+ years of related experience in sales and marketing or equivalent experience in food industry or non-profit organization.
- Skills: strengths in customer service, relationship building and development, research and prospecting, persuasive communication as well as computer and technology use.
- Other requirements: our pre-hire process requires acceptable results from the following: professional reference feedback, criminal background, Motor Vehicle Record and a pre-employment drug test. Current Driver’s License and automobile insurance are also required. Criminal backgrounds are evaluated on a case by case basis considering several factors (timing, frequency, severity and job relation).
What Second Harvest has to offer:
- Work with a purpose: As one of Middle Tennessee’s largest nonprofits, our local hunger relief work is uniquely rewarding, hands on and solutions oriented. We are innovative, mission-focused, diverse, collaborative, values-driven and focused on results. Our mission is to feed hungry people and work to solve hunger issues in our community. In the 2020 fiscal year, we distributed more than 41 million pounds of food to more than 460 Partner Agencies, providing more than 36.9 million meals to hungry children, families, and seniors throughout our 46-county service area. A career with Second Harvest ensures that you not only earn a paycheck, but also help your local community through meaningful work. If you are passionate about serving your neighbors in need and are committed to our mission of ending hunger, we invite you to join our 120+ person team in the fight against hunger, as we work to achieve our vision of a hunger free community.
- Award winning workplace: we are a best in class workplace because we are passionate and people focused – we listen, respect, care and challenge each other, so that our community can count on us for our critical work. Our employees have identified us among The Tennessean’s Top Workplaces seven times based solely on employee surveys and feedback. We are invested in our team and offer frequent whole-person wellness opportunities through our Harvest Wellbeing Program. We focus on staff physical and mental health, financial empowerment, personal and professional development as well as social and community engagement. There is ample opportunity to be engaged and grow with Second Harvest.
- Compensation & Benefits: Second Harvest is proud to offer rich and affordable total compensation packages. Total compensation for full-time employment includes many benefits, in addition to base pay. The time off policies include: 10 holidays, 12+ vacation, 12+ sick and personal time as required by law. Traditional benefits offered include medical (employee-only coverage paid 100% by employer) dental and vision. Additional available benefits include retirement (with a generous employer match), disability insurance (short and long-term), life insurance as well as long-term care insurance.
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity: Second Harvest embraces a philosophy that recognizes and values diversity. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we serve. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and promote a talented and diverse workforce in a culture where all employees will contribute to their fullest potential. We provide equal employment to all applicants and employees regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or other legally protected characteristics.
Think this sounds like a role and workplace where you would thrive? Apply now!
You can express interest in joining our team, in any of the following ways:
- Online: employment application on our website - http://www.secondharvestmidtn.org/job-opportunities/?gnk=job&gni=8a78859e7009098c017064582f787c71&gns=LGBT+Chamber. Resume and cover letter can be uploaded with applications on the website as well.
- Email: Resume and cover letter can be sent to our Human Resources team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In person: applications can be completed by visiting us on-site at any of our distribution centers, locations can be found on our website at https://www.secondharvestmidtn.org/contact/.
Thanks for your interest in working for Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle TN. We love it here and think you will too.