Outreach & Relationships Manager
We are hiring for a full-time job in the Agency & Program Services department at Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle Tennessee.
What you’ll do:
Summary: The Outreach & Relationships Manager develops and maintains positive relationships with Partner Agencies and nontraditional partners within territory with the goal of fulfilling Second Harvest's mission
- Provides subject matter expertise on county needs and potential for growth, current Partner Agency structure and capacity as well as existing and potential community partners within territory.
- Maintains a strong service orientation in responding to the needs of all partners in our service area.
- Assists current Partner Agencies with increasing their capacity to serve the community – potential to implement Client’s Choice, utilize available government food programs, expand services, and more.
- Attends and organizes territory county meetings to gain knowledge and form partnerships as needed – client focus groups, local government, coordinated school health, workforce groups, other local nonprofits, existing Partner Agencies, etc. Develops strategic partnerships with current and potential Partner Agencies and non-traditional partners to meet identified outstanding needs within territory.
- Collaborates with internal Ending Hunger team to provide territory county knowledge and connections as needed. Collaborates with internal departments to achieve food distribution goals
When & Where: Typical Monday – Friday daytime schedule to work from 8 AM – 4 :30 PM primarily in a travel capacity and out of our distribution center in Nashville, TN. Regular daytime travel up to 80% of work week within the local service area. Occasional duties may be necessary, as well as responding to issues, outside of normal working hours (e.g., disaster response, community events, etc)
Is this you?
- Education: High School diploma (or equivalent) required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience: 2+ years of related experience or training required.
- Skills: Genuine compassion and appreciation for hunger issues and Second Harvest’s mission; public speaking and networking; communicates in a concise, grammatically correct, and logical manner; superior customer service skills that guide all parties to a desired solution; seamlessly interacts with diverse communities; researches and coordinates resources, as well as analyze and interpret demographic/geographic/other relevant data sets; determines projected goals and adjusts; impeccable attention to detail; computer program proficiency and ability to learn new software.
- Other requirements: our pre-hire process requires acceptable results from the following: professional reference feedback, criminal background check, Motor Vehicle Record and a pre-employment drug test. Current Driver’s License and automobile insurance are also required. Criminal backgrounds are evaluated on a case-by-case basis considering several factors (timing, frequency, severity and job relation)
What Second Harvest has to offer:
Work with a purpose: As one of Middle Tennessee’s largest nonprofits, our local hunger relief work is uniquely rewarding, hands on and solutions oriented. Our mission is to feed hungry people and work to solve hunger issues in our community. A career with Second Harvest ensures that you not only earn a paycheck, but also help your local community through meaningful work."
Award winning workplace: we are a best in class workplace because we are passionate and people focused, so that our community can count on us for our critical work. We are among The Tennessean’s Top Workplaces based solely on employee feedback. We are invested in our team and offer frequent whole-person wellness opportunities through our Harvest Wellbeing Program.
Compensation & Benefits: Second Harvest is proud to offer rich and affordable total compensation packages. Full-time employment includes 34+ days off, medical (employee-only is 100% employer paid), dental, vision, retirement (up to 8% match), disability insurance (short and long term) and long-term care insurance.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity: Second Harvest embraces a philosophy that recognizes and values diversity. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we serve. We provide equal employment to all applicants and employees regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or other legally protected characteristics.
Think this sounds like a role and workplace where you would thrive? Find out more information about how to apply on our website: http://www.secondharvestmidtn.org/job-opportunities/?gnk=apply&gni=8a78879f7980db4d017986aa5cb00ee3&gns=LGBT+Chamber. Thanks for your interest in working for Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle TN. We love it here and think you will too.