Retail & Visitor Experience Manager
The Retail & Visitor Experience Manager is responsible for managing the WCCVB Visitor Center operations and its part-time employees. The Retail & Visitor Experience Manager will ensure the Visitor Center is a welcoming space for visitors and locals while focusing on merchandise and tourism experience sales and operational duties. The Retail & Visitor Experience Manager will be expected to proactively pursue improvements and enhancements to maintain a best-in-class visitor experience through the Visitor Center and e-commerce store and support ways visitors experience Williamson County. This position is a full-time, exempt position that reports to the Director of Business Development and has up to 9 part-time direct reports.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Recruit, train and supervise a team of part-time employees ensuring exceptional customer service, a welcoming environment for the visitor, and consistent adherence to company guidelines.
- Position the Visitor Center competitively through regular analysis of strengths, opportunities, and trends in retail and visual merchandising in order to drive traffic, optimize product assortment and increase sales.
- Establish and own relationships with local vendors and continue to bring a unique merchandise assortment into the Visitor Center.
- Provide regular sales and visitor analytics reports to the Director of Business Development to make strategic merchandising, development, and marketing decisions.
- Work with the Marketing team to carry out the Visit Franklin brand in the Visitor Center and assist with branding and marketing-related tasks associated with the Visitor Center and e-commerce store.
- Responsible for coordination of all special events in the Visitor Center including booking guests, managing communication with all social media and public relations contacts for promotion and on-site event activations, and overseeing food and beverage.
- Work closely with the Director of Business Development to support curation and revenue growth of paid visitor experiences.
- Must possess strong organizational and time management skills.
- Must have the ability to work independently.
- Strong computer skills: Proficiency with POS systems and Microsoft Office. Must be familiar with Excel.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong mathematical skills required. Ability to analyze business data and trends.
- Experience with inventory management and/or scheduling software is a plus.
- Familiar with basic principles of retail and visual merchandising.
- This job operates in a Visitor Center that serves as an information center and retail shop in downtown Franklin, TN.
- Able to travel by car or plane up to several hours/day.
- Able to lift brochures and gift shop products and displays up to 40 lbs.
- Able to navigate stairs daily. (Reasonable accommodations may be made).
Position type/Expected hours of work
- This is a full-time position. Typically hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend hours may be required.
- Up to one trip per year for a professional development conference.
- Must have a vehicle and valid driver’s license to perform deliveries and other job functions involving transportation.
Required education and experience
- At least (2) years related experience in hospitality, sales and/or customer service.
- Minimum (1) year retail experience.
Preferred education and experience
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- At least (1) year of team management and training.
- Merchandise forecasting and visual merchandising experience.
Affirmative Action/EEO statement
Williamson County Convention & Visitors Bureau provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements,
Williamson County Convention & Visitors Bureau complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Williamson County Convention & Visitors Bureau expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Williamson County Convention & Visitors Bureau’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.